FROM BLANK PAGE TO BLOGGER
Tired of staring at that blank screen…?
You want to write consistently great blog posts for your business, but you’re stuck.
- Maybe you know what you want to write, but every time you type something, it doesn’t come out the way you want it to – you and the delete key are BFFs.
- Perhaps you’re struggling for ideas – what on earth should you write about? What happens when you run out of topics ?
- Maybe you’ve always thought you’re terrible at writing – who on earth will read what you write? Won’t they be able to tell that you don’t know what you’re doing?
- Perhaps you can get your ideas down, but how can you polish posts so that they’re SEO friendly and laid out correctly?
Wait! What if I told you there was an answer?
From Blank Page to Blogger is the course for you!
Designed for small business owners who want to begin blogging, but just don’t know where to start, it covers three distinct stages of writing regular content.
A WRITER'S MINDSET
During this first part of the session, we’ll unlock the secrets to establishing the right mindset to write, including:
- Dealing with procrastination, so you can actually write when you sit down at your computer, rather than clearing out the loft or dusting the dog. We’ll even discuss the difference between productive and destructive procrastination.
- Creating the right environment and workspace for writing, giving you space to think creatively and write your best content.
- Understanding your audience, so you know who you’re writing to and how to grab their attention with your words.
- Developing a bank of ideas so you never need to worry about maintaining your blog or running out of ideas.
- Understanding the importance of regular writing practice, so you develop good habits and avoid writers’ block.
- Finding the areas you’re most confident to write about, so you can create knowledgable, helpful content for your audience, establishing you as an expert in your niche.
THE BUSINESS OF WRITING
Now we’re going to get down to the good stuff – how to actually write a blog post. In this part of the session, we’ll look at:
- Tapping into the creative brain so you can beat writers’ block once and for all.
- Understanding the ‘pain points’ of your audience so you can write engaging content, keeping them coming back for more.
- Structuring your blog posts, including the importance of headings/subheadings/keywords, ensuring you’re ‘Google friendly.’
- Getting your initial thoughts down with ease, avoiding that struggle with the blank page.
- Using different writing techniques to keep your content varied and interesting for your audience.
- Different types of blog posts so that you cover all topic areas in your niche, which stops you feeling like a one-trick pony.
EDITING AND POLISHING
So you’ve got your first draft done and dusted, but how on earth do you get it into the right shape for publication? In this final part of the session, we’ll discuss:
- Saying hello to the analytical side of the brain that helps with editing.
- Why editing is often the most satisfying stage of the writing process.
- How to edit your work so that it’s as good as it can be and you feel confident putting it out into the world.
- Setting out your post so it’s reader-friendly, including the use of images.
- SEO and it’s importance in your blog writing – helping you begin to understand the Google algorithm – it isn’t as painful as it sounds.
- Short content versus long content – when to use which and why they’re important.
You didn’t think I’d leave it there, did you?
- Following the course, I’m offering to give feedback on one of your blog posts (if you’d like it) so that you feel confident putting the course strategies into place.
- A PDF of all the course content, so you can refer back to it as often as you need.
- Membership to my Facebook group for small business owners, where you’ll get regular content creation tips, as well as coaching in all areas of small business.
So now you know the content, it’s time to find out where and when…
Friday 29th May 2020
10:00 – 12:00
Our session will take place via Zoom.
Sounds great, Steph, but how much does it cost?
For this price you get:
- 1 x interactive Zoom session on Friday 29th May 2020.
- PDF course booklet
- Membership to my FB group for small business owners
- Feedback on one of your blog posts and tips to improve it (if you’d like it!)